Missed opportunities


Have you had MISSED OPPORTUNITIES? or opportunities that are already in front of you but neglected it?

I have missed a lot. 

As we grow older, there will always come a moment of us alone. Sitting aback once in a while and trying to look back the old better days. As i figure out, i never thought i had a lot of missed or thrown away opportunities in my hand. There are a lot of could have been, might have been, should have been in my mind. Best people to live and walk my path with, and share brainstorming ideas with idiot people.  

I might have a better place to where i am right now, or gone far better. I remember during my first year in college, my major subject Professor and the Chairperson of our college once offered me to be the leader and handle the third group of research-term paper. Two of my friends accepted leadership, and i am left to say yes or no to finalize and to complete the groupings. I did not accepted it. Why? I didn't know what I was thinking then either. My friend pushed me to say yes so I could spend more time in school and be active in extra curricular activities. My two friends later then became the organizations's President and Vice-President during senior year, and hold minor positions during our reign in college years.

Then during my second year in college, two of my excellent English subject block-mates informed me that they are submitting articles in campus student newspaper, they are convincing me to send my article, they said there is nothing to lose in giving myself a try. Again, I neglected it. I wasn't too sure of my grammar, i'm afraid people will laugh at my opinion. Later then, they made it. I had no regrets that time, just now. haha. 

From school to leadership trainings, from ordinary people to highest personalities in the Philippines, yes to top the names, President Gloria Arroyo(affiliated with our council), Malacañang Youth Sector (my former group council), the Secretary of National Defense Norberto Gonzales (my former boss),
to top executives of print, T.V. and radio news group of Philippine's Journalism (i used to talk to them during our press conferences and giving press releases which my department head is having fun because of my charm with these people =P). To mayors of different cities of the NCR (they used to give me pasalubongs in the office). In a month time i got promoted but then I lost my contact with these people because I left my huge responsibilities unnoticed. I left my council because of some people who are unruly and unfair, I left my department boss because of his bias attitude. I MISS it. I miss working with those people, if i could only turn back time. 

They said i shouldn't have left my life living in those position. I made my parents and family so proud of me. I remember, my father had to call me from my work to ask if martial law will take place again, and i said NO. haha, it was funny but i loved that moment. My mom would buy me clothes hahaha, my late brother had to fetch me from the office 10 in the evening, waah and i had to take care of the gasoline >_<. 

I had countless opportunities. I missed a lot of my opportunities. and I miss how it maximized my personality, my capacity to lead, my inevitable abilities and shared responsibilities towards great people.


0 COMMENT:

Copyright © 2013 Is this paper? and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.